Raspberry Pi | Kubevirt

Fun fact, we actually got the whole CCIO Kargo stack working on a Raspberry Pi. So it would seem I was wrong. This all actually does work on a Pi. The arm enablement is proceeding on this bug.

[kc2user@fedora-aarch64 ~]$ screenfetch ; uname -a
           /:-------------:\          kc2user@fedora-br0
        :-------------------::        OS: Fedora 
      :-----------/shhOHbmp---:\      Kernel: aarch64 Linux 5.11.12-300.fc34.aarch64
    /-----------omMMMNNNMMD  ---:     Uptime: 18m
   :-----------sMMMMNMNMP.    ---:    Packages: 445
  :-----------:MMMdP-------    ---\   Shell: bash 5.1.0
 ,------------:MMMd--------    ---:   Disk: 1.6G / 22G (8%)
 :------------:MMMd-------    .---:   CPU: 2x Unknown
 :----    oNMMMMMMMMMNho     .----:   GPU: 
 :--     .+shhhMMMmhhy++   .------/   RAM: 162MiB / 1822MiB
 :-    -------:MMMd--------------:   
 :-   --------/MMMd-------------;    
 :-    ------/hMMMy------------:     
 :-- :dMNdhhdNMMNo------------;      
 :---:sdNMMMMNds:------------:       
 :------:://:-------------::         
 :---------------------://           

Linux fedora-aarch64 5.11.12-300.fc34.aarch64 #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 16:12:21 UTC 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
1 Like

I suspect this is something good and useful but am totally in the dark about what the CCIO Kargo stack is all about. Would you mind terribly bringing an uninformed pi enthusiast into the know? You might also have to explain how being able to do it on a Raspberry pi is a boon I’ve been known to be completely clueless in that areana as well.

Check out Demo Postmortem | Agility in the Homelab - #3 by usrbinkat

Nope, didn’t help at all. Still just technical gobbledygook. It is 18 years since I left my high tech life behind me. The BLUG has been a place where I felt that I could look for help when my skills/knowledge where not sufficient to comprehend some technical matters. There always seemed to be someone around willing to take the time to make the obscure comprehensible. I am beginning to feel that those days may be behind us. If so, then the BLUG may have lost one of its most valuable reasons for existing.

What I was looking for was a summary paragraph or so that told me in broad terms what the “CCIO Kargo stack” was about. Referring me back to the original post doesn’t help because I couldn’t understand what it was really talking about in the first place. For those of you immersed in today’s technical world don’t loose sight of the fact that is only because you’re immersed that you have a clue. Once you are out of it, you’ll be where the rest of us are, clueless, because it will evolve and leave you behind just as I have been.

···

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 1:20 PM James Mason via LinuxFest Northwest <lfnw@discoursemail.com> wrote:

| bear454 James Mason Leader
November 19 |

• | - |

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

Previous Replies

| RedPathWalker Gayland G. Gump
November 19 |

• | - |

usrbinkat:

CCIO Kargo stack

I suspect this is something good and useful but am totally in the dark about what the CCIO Kargo stack is all about. Would you mind terribly bringing an uninformed pi enthusiast into the know? You might also have to explain how being able to do it on a Raspberry pi is a boon I’ve been known to be completely clueless in that areana as well.

| usrbinkat Kat Morgan
November 18 |

• | - |

Fun fact, we actually got the whole CCIO Kargo stack working on a Raspberry Pi. So it would seem I was wrong. This all actually does work on a Pi. The arm enablement is proceeding on this bug.

Linux fedora-aarch64 5.11.12-300.fc34.aarch64 #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 16:12:21 UTC 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Gayland, It’s a project to help people install fedora on one or more machines and then deploy a stack of software on top for creating virtual machines with some of the newest tech from the kubernetes and containers world.

It might sound overly complicated, but that is why I’m working on ContainerCraft. Just to help people along in that journey.

1 Like

Thanks that was helpful. As you might imagine containerization and virtualization were not things in my working days. So, a general (high level) presentation for those old timers that haunt the bowels of the BLUG, on the whys and hows of those topics would certainly be of interest to me for one. Who knows, someone, who thinks I know something, might ask me a question, and I might have gained enough knowledge of those topics from such a presentation to know to send them to you for some real meaningful informed answers. Yeah, I know, when snowballs freeze in hell.

···

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 10:25 PM Kat Morgan via LinuxFest Northwest <lfnw@discoursemail.com> wrote:

| usrbinkat Kat Morgan
November 22 |

• | - |

Gayland, It’s a project to help people install fedora on one or more machines and then deploy a stack of software on top for creating virtual machines with some of the newest tech from the kubernetes and containers world.

It might sound overly complicated, but that is why I’m working on ContainerCraft. Just to help people along in that journey.

Previous Replies

November 21 |

• | - |

Nope, didn’t help at all. Still just technical gobbledygook. It is 18 years since I left my high tech life behind me. The BLUG has been a place where I felt that I could look for help when my skills/knowledge where not sufficient to comprehend some technical matters. There always seemed to be someone around willing to take the time to make the obscure comprehensible. I am beginning to feel that those days may be behind us. If so, then the BLUG may have lost one of its most valuable reasons for existing.

What I was looking for was a summary paragraph or so that told me in broad terms what the “CCIO Kargo stack” was about. Referring me back to the original post doesn’t help because I couldn’t understand what it was really talking about in the first place. For those of you immersed in today’s technical world don’t loose sight of the fact that is only because you’re immersed that you have a clue. Once you are out of it, you’ll be where the rest of us are, clueless, because it will evolve and leave you behind just as I have been.

··· (click for more details)

| bear454 James Mason Leader
November 19 |

• | - |

November 19 |

• | - |

usrbinkat:

CCIO Kargo stack

| usrbinkat Kat Morgan
November 18 |

• | - |

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.