Passing of Anthony Penzinski

Sad news, I will miss his wit.

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject: Anthony
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 18:33:23 -0700
To: mwbetz@comcast.net

Hi Mike,

I’d like to thank you for your friendship to Anthony and let you know that he passed away peacefully in our bed at home on 7/26/2022.

Would you please let friends and people who might be wondering how or where Anthony is at now know for us? His body is somewhere at UW School of Medicine now. He donated his body to UW School of Medicine: Willed Body Program for medical or surgical teaching, education and research.

With gratitude,

Sunny

2 Likes

A request from Sunny Penzinski

|Subject:|Re: Anthony|
|Date:|Thu, 28 Jul 2022 20:00:39 -0700|
|From:|Sunny Penzinski sunny@penzinski.com|
|To:|Mike Betz mwbetz@comcast.net|

I had the wonderful end-of-life doula from End of Life Washington here with me before and after Anthony’s passing till his body left the house that night at 9:30 on 7/26. The doula has brought me such peace with knowledge and love and more guiding me and helping me take care of Anthony while he working so hard on his way out.

It has been sad, but peaceful here. If anyone would be comfortable and would like to help me thank End of Life Washington, please consider to donate through their website here: https://endoflifewa.org/ “End of Life Washington upholds your right to the full range of end of life choices, including Death with Dignity, through advocacy, education, and support” at no charge with volunteers.

Thank you,

Sunny

2 Likes

Thanks for posting, Michael.

Anthony was a friend, our families are friends. Our daughters went to school together, and our wives have shared some difficult journeys. I knew Anthony as an amateur photographer, an avid patron of Taiwanese culture, a mechanical genius, a loving and doting father, and of course a Linux nerd. I miss him already.

1 Like

Talking with Anthony about anything was an enjoyable, illuminating experience. He will be missed. Condolences to his family!

1 Like

The minister at Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship is going to arrange a social gathering in honor of Anthony at the church at 2pm on August 28th. The address of the church is 1207 Ellsworth.

James’ information is basically correct, except that it is I and possibly Jed making the arrangements.
We imagine it will be a celebration of Anthony’s life. The event will be in the social hall. Sunny will be there.
What I will need is a head count of those wanting to attend, send to mwbetz@comcast.net. Bring snacks and drinks.
I am not certain who all is on this site, so please reach out to those you know who knew Anthony.
More to follow.

You all are invited to a memorial get together for Anthony Penzinski, is set for Sunday, Aug 28 in the social hall at BUF 1207 Ellsworth, from 2pm to 4pm or thereabouts.

We will provide coffee, tea, ice water, and maybe some basic food. People can bring their beverage of choice and snacks to share, if they like.

Please invite all who knew and/or worked with Anthony.

In order to get an idea of how many people to expect, send me an email at mwbetz@comcast.net, subject Anthony.

Thank you!

1 Like

How can I leave condolences for Sunny Penzinski?

She can be reached at Sunny Penzinski sunny@penzinski.com.

···
Michael Betz
[mwbetz@comcast.net](mailto:mwbetz@comcast.net)

Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan (R-GA): "Donald Trump has transitioned from running the country, to running a circus."

On 9/21/22 10:32 AM, LeAnne via LinuxFest Northwest wrote:

annie LeAnne
September 21

How can I leave condolences for Sunny Penzinski?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.